Disputing a YouTube “Matched Third Party Content” Claim for Legitimate Licensees of Your Content
1) Login in to your account and go to your “Video Manager” page
2) Click the “matched third party content” blue hyperlink
3) Scroll down and click the blue hyperlink “file a dispute.”
4) Scroll down and pick the option “I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material” and click “continue”
5) Click “I am sure that I have a license or written permission and I want to dispute this claim”
6) Enter in “Please explain briefly” area “I have a license from Sid Sonic for online usage.”
7) Click the statement of good faith and enter your name in the signature box and click continue
8) A pop up window will launch , click “OK”
9) You will now see a summary page of your dispute, you’re all set!
Once the claim is disputed, ads will be removed immediately and the claim will be released within 24 hours on the next business day.
Disputing a claim can be a good tool for users who are working in different time zones, on the weekends etc.
Alternatively, licensees can simply send a link to any video they need a claim released on to [email protected] and request the claim be released. During normal business hours, the claim will be released within an hour. Claims are cleared out 2 x over the weekend as well.